Expeditions – A unique creative opportunity to support mid-career and established artists in western australia.
EXPEDITIONS will support the development of two unproduced works from independent mid-career artists or collectives, along with access to a minimum of two weeks free venue and rehearsal space, technical and equipment hire and support from our artistic and producing teams.
Applicants will apply to The Last Great Hunt pitching a team (minimum of 2 or more creatives) and a creative rationale of a project they are wishing to develop into a production. The development may be a script development, a devising process focusing on a particular element of the work, or an exploration of a new idea or form.
We welcome applications from all live performance art forms i.e. dance, movement, performance art and puppetry.
WHO SHOULD APPLY?
EXPEDITIONS is for mid-career artists and established WA artists. (i.e. Artists with at least 5 years of demonstrated creative practice.)
We welcome applications from artists who are regionally based and artists working across different art forms in live performance.
We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disability, regional residents and people who identify as culturally and linguistically diverse.
WHAT’S ON OFFER?
- Successful applicants will be provided up to $15,000 (equivalent to 12 full-time work weeks) to be used to pay for the creative team of their choosing at MEAA rates. This will be administered by The Last Great Hunt in consultation with the Creative Lead.
- Artistic Support from The Last Great Hunt’s Core Artists (subject to availability) and producing support from The Last Great Hunt’s producing team.
- Approximately 2 weeks access to a Creative Development Space to be used in 2022 (subject to availability)
- A possible showing and engagement opportunity utilising TLGH networks.
- Video and photographic documentation of your work-in-progress
- Use of available company equipment and materials
- Applications Open: 12pm, Wednesday, 17th November
- Applications Close: 5pm, Wednesday, 1st December
- Application Outcome: Week of 13th December
- APPLICATIONS HAVE NOW CLOSED
HOW TO APPLY
- Please download the Application Pack above.
- You are free to write your answers or record yourself on camera. Please see further submission info and guidelines in the Application Pack.
- Please email your application to our Programs Manager – Alexander Egloff at email@example.com.
The Last Great Hunt wants to work with and support people from a diverse range of backgrounds and experiences.
Artists who are First Nations, living with disabilities, identify as LGBTIQ+, are from culturally diverse backgrounds, or are part of another minority group are actively encouraged to apply.
ABOUT THE LAST GREAT HUNT
The Last Great Hunt is a collective of Perth-based theatre makers: Gita Bezard, Adriane Daff, Jeffrey Jay Fowler, Arielle Gray, Chris Isaacs and Tim Watts. We are creators, innovators, and above all else, explorers. Within each show we hunt for new ideas and new ways of connecting with our audience.
We make a range of new and exciting theatre in a variety of forms and styles, including new writing, visual and physical theatre and interactive experiences. We strive to give our audience an engaging, challenging and moving night out at the theatre.